Luxury Vinyl Tile & Plank (LVT & LVP) Flooring Sales and Installation Gulfport MS
The Luxury Vinyl industry has been exploding over the past few years with several options and solutions to create the perfect floor for you home or office. With 2 main flooring systems Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP) and Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT), the vinyl industry has the ability to offer quality flooring at affordable pricing.
What Are Luxury Vinyl Planks (LVP)
Luxury Vinyl Planks (LVP) are planks of vinyl that resemble hardwood flooring. These options come in several different grades that will directly correlate to how durable you vinyl flooring will be and how long it will last. When selecting vinyl flooring there, are several factors outside of price that are extremely important to ensuring that you have a quality floor that is right for you home or office.
What Are Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT)
Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) are pieces of vinyl tile that resembles real natural stone tile. Like we mentioned earlier when talking about Luxury Vinyl Planks, Luxury Vinyl Tiles also come in several different grades as well. Although styling and color are important, one should always remember that there are inherent differences in the production and grades of Luxury Vinyl Tiles that can determine how long your floor will last.
Important Things to Know About Vinyl Planks and Tile
- Floating Vinyl floors are waterproof not water resistant flooring. Traditionally old type vinyl tile/planks were glued down. Now the new waterproof floating vinyl has a click lock system like the older version of the floating laminate floor (laminate is not waterproof).
- Thickness of your flooring determines if your click lock system will break off in your fingers or not. A strong click lock system insures a longer life of your floor.
- In some instances a floating floor could be a less expensive alternative to a glue down installation.
- Most of the floating vinyl products have an attached pad for sound and comfort (many pad thickness/type choices here also). There is a special LVT/LVP pad that is used strictly for floating vinyl products that do not come with pad attached (unless the manufacturer recommends no pad)
- There are different LVT/LVP pads for different subfloors.
- Floating vinyl is not recommended to go over certain pre-existing floors on certain subfloors. Two other important issues to be addressed are what the products are made of for less denting and the scratch resistance wear layer on top of your floor. These two things will help keep your floor looking beautiful.
Luxury Vinyl Plank and Luxury Vinyl Tile or LVP and LVT for short, is a new cost effective option to traditional hardwood flooring. Give our team a call or stop by our showroom to look at our huge selection of Luxury Vinyl Tile and Luxury Vinyl Planks for your home or office!